Apply for our SY 2022-23 Scholarship
Are you a graduating high school senior that resides in DC, Maryland or Virginia? Are you attending an Historically Black College or University located in fall 2022? Have you made a meaningful contribution to your community -- helping others in need? Apply for the Kids That Give Back Scholarship. Applications are due May 1, 2022.
Scholarship Amount: $2500. A minimum of two applicants will be selected, subject to satisfaction of eligibility and application submission requirements.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
1. Must reside in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia (Proof of residency required. Acceptable forms of proof are: Parent or Student's Driver's License (DL number may be redacted), State or School-issued identification that provides address (SSN, ID numbers may be redacted); or recent pay stub (within past 45 days; income and SSN may be redacted).
2. Must be a graduating high school senior
3. Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.3 (Copy of school transcript is required).
4. Must have completed 25+ community service hours in DC, Maryland or Virginia for the period January 2021 - May 1, 2022. Proof of community service is required. Examples of proof of service include: letter from 501(c)(3) organization confirming participation in activity and hours served, or letter from school confirming service activity and hours of participation. Other forms of proof are acceptable but must provide contact information for verification of service and hours.
Application and Submission Requirements:
Applicants are required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your full name?
2. What is your address?
3. What is the name and address of your current High School?
4. What is your Grade Point Average?
5. How many total hours of community service have you provided in DC, Maryland and Virginia since January 1, 2020?
6. Describe the community service activities?
7. What do you enjoy about serving your community? (max. 250 words)
Submissions must include the above questions and corresponding answers, and all required supporting documentation. Submissions must be emailed in PDF format to Kids That Give Back, Inc. at email@example.com. Deadline is May 1, 2022, 7 pm EST.